Tiny Kitchens may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective 25th May 2018 What we collect We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping and order processing
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Who we share your information with and why
Tiny Kitchens works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies, product technicians. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Tiny Kitchens works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
- In order for you to receive your goods, Tiny Kitchens works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
- Tiny Kitchens works with businesses who support our website and other business systems. Information is backed up and stored off site for the security and loss prevention purposes. During the transfer of data to the secure data centre, the data is encrypted. The information stored in the data centre can only be used for restore purposes by Tiny kitchens. As such we are the only party who can access this.
- Tiny Kitchens works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments. Credit Reference Agencies - If you apply for credit with us we will make searches about you with credit reference agencies. We do this to make sure customers who apply for credit accounts are able to manage the level of credit offered and not committing fraud by providing false or inaccurate information.
In order to process your application we will supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRA’s) and they will give us information about you, such as your financial history. We do this to assess your creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace, recover debts, and prevent criminal activity. The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. When you visit Tiny Kitchens office and warehouse premises we use CCTV for security monitoring purposes
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Tiny Kitchens, 11 Lomax Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB6 7DJ If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. .